Advantages of Platelet-Rich Plasma Treatment
661 Goodlette Road, Suite 103
Naples, FL 34102
Over the past years, there have been a lot of positive writings and excellent clinical results about the use of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) on various injuries whether they are acute or chronic.
What is PRP?
Blood is mainly composed a clear yellowish liquid called of
plasma, but it also contains solid particles which are the red blood cells,
white blood cells and platelets. Each plays a very important role in maintaining
the homeostasis of the body. Red blood cells are responsible for carrying
oxygen throughout the body, white blood cells defend the body from various
infections, and platelets are responsible for the maintenance and repair from
various injuries in the body. It is this special ability of platelets to repair
and regenerate tissues that makes modern medicine so successful in treating
ailments that are thought to be irreparable or untreatable by conservative
Advantages of PRP
1. Platelets are first to respond to soft tissue injury.
2. PRP is packed with growth and healing factors. Platelets initiate repair and attract the assistance of stem cells.
3. PRP release chemical mediators to attract more platelets on the injured area, intensifying the body’s natural healing processes.
4. PRP not only repairs the injured site, it can also alleviate pain.
5. PRP is autologous. This means that the medium used for treatment is not made from substances extracted from plants, animals or synthetically made in a laboratory, the platelets are extracted from the patient’s own blood.
6. Infection is very minimal. After extraction, the blood is centrifuged to separate the platelets from other blood cells. The platelet is then injected directly to the affected site.
7. It is non-invasive. No incisions, no opening of the skin, just a simple injection.
8. No allergic reaction or rejection, since the platelets are gathered from the patient’s own blood.
9. The procedure is fast and cost-effective.
STEM CELL & PRP INJECTION
WHAT IS PRP?
Platelet-rich plasma or PRP is blood plasma that has been enriched with platelets. It helps stimulate healing of bone and soft tissue.